Gluten-free, lactose-free Shortbread
Gluten-free, lactose-free ShortbreadRecipe by cookiesthatfeelgood_ny6m5bCourse: Uncategorized
200 grams white rice flour
90 grams of millet or oat flour
50 grams sweet white rice flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon ground flax
180 grams of ghee
1/2 cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Make flax egg — combine 1 tbsp of ground flax with 2tbsp of hot water in a small cup or bowl. Stir to combine and let sit for several minutes.
- Measure out dry ingredients—- flour, salt, and baking powder—- into a large bowl. Stir or wisk to combine.
- Combine wet ingredients—- honey, ghee, flax egg and vanilla—- in a separate large bowl. Mix with spoon or mixer until ingredients are well combined.
- Pour the dry mixture into the bowl with the wet mixture and use a spoon or electric mixer to combine. Mix until well combined.
- Prepare your pan. You can use a glass baking dish or other type of pan with sides. A roasting pan lined with parchment paper will work well. If you choose to use a glass dish, lightly oil it before putting in the dough.
- Press dough into the pan. Flatten until the dough is about 1/4 to 1/3 in thick.
- Bake until cookies are lightly golden brown, about 15 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on the pan for 20 minutes. Once cool, turn out the cookie onto a flat surface and cut into squares.