Cakey Gluten-free Chocolate Chip Cookies
Cakey Chocolate Chip CookiesDifficulty: Easy
These chocolate chip cookies are gluten-free, gum-free, and sugar free! They are fluffy and delicious. I hope you enjoy them!
1/2 cup grass-fed butter cut into cubes
1/3-1/2 cup honey (1/3 cup will give sweet dough but a just barely sweet cookie when baked, 1/2 will make it slightly sweeter)
1 large egg
1 teaspoons vanilla
140 grams white rice flour
20 grams chestnut flour (or other whole grain flour, millet is a great option here, and sprouted millet is even better!)
30 grams sweet white rice flour
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
40 grams of an unsweetened chocolate bar cut in to small pieces with a knife
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small mixing bowl, cream butter and honey until well combined.
- Add egg and vanilla. Mix for 1 minute longer.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until combined and then fold in chocolate chips.
- Create balls of dough and place them on a parchment paper lined or silicone baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the edges just begin to turn a light golden color. Remove from oven and let set for a few minutes before eating.
- You can make this recipe egg-free by substituting a flax egg for the egg. Mix one tablespoon ground flaxseed meal with three tablespoons of hot water. Stir and then let sit for 5-10 minutes.